& STORY IDEAS
- Maine’s Cliff House Resort & Spa Basks in Solar Energy Gains
- The Maine Place to Visit this Season
- Maine Driving Tour
- Nothing Says Summer Like Lobster in Maine
- August Is Wild Blueberry Month in Maine
- The Cliff House Resort & Spa Installs One of Maine’s Largest Solar Thermal Projects
- A Complete Maine Experience
- Blueberries for Keeping Winter Skin Beautiful
- This Girls Getaway Has Shopping, Spa and Ocean Views
- Coastal Maine Botanicals Do a Body Good
- $99 Spa Sampler: A Smart Way to Sample a Classic Maine Resort
Groups & Meetings
- Three ideas for a healthy corporate meeting (Maine salt air, anyone?)
- Maine Resort Offers Unique Team-Building Activities
- Ogunquit Resort Named “Best of the East” for Meetings and Conferences
- The Getaway That Takes Care of Business
Weddings, Family Reunions & Celebrations
- Tips for Planning a Destination Wedding in Maine
- 4 Easy Tips for Nature–Inspired Weddings
- Something Old, Something New… And Endless Ocean Blue
JUST THE FACTS
Dining on Maine’s Coast
Ogunquit, Maine — At sunset in the dining room, lights illuminate the cliffs and surf below where every table offers an ocean view like you’d experience on an ocean liner. Music from the baby-grand piano accompanies conversations over cocktails in Ocean Terrace.
Entrées combine the freshest ingredients, and an extensive wine selection. Lobster is always on the dinner menu, served in the Maine tradition and in creative specialties.
Mornings bring both the warm spectacle of sunrise on the ocean and a breakfast of traditional and regional favorites. Sunday brunch is legendary at the resort. Casual light fare includes Maine lobster rolls, fresh salads, and burgers. In July and August, lunch is served in Ocean Terrace and out on the terraces. Wherever guests eat there is an ocean view like no other on Maine’s Southern Coast.
The Cliff House Resort & Spa, is a quintessential New England inn combining historic Maine tradition and modern luxury with breathtaking views of the open Atlantic. Perched atop 70 oceanfront acres on Bald Head Cliff in Ogunquit, the resort features the best of Maine. First class amenities include a luxurious world-class spa, which is quickly earning a national reputation for indigenous treatments using Maine blueberries, seashells and stones from the nearby cliff. Other amenities include an oceanfront labyrinth walking path, oceanfront fine dining featuring gourmet cuisine based on Maine raised and locally grown products, wine tasting dinners, lobster cruise and golf packages, a premier fitness facility with indoor and outdoor swimming pools… all within easy access to shopping and sightseeing.
The Weare Family has owned and operated The Cliff House since 1872, when Elsie Jane Weare purchased the property. Today, great-granddaughter Kathryn Weare operates the Resort and continues to incorporate the natural coastal elements of Maine for an unforgettable lodging experience.
Updated January 2012