& STORY IDEAS
- Maine’s Cliff House Resort & Spa Basks in Solar Energy Gains
- The Maine Place to Visit this Season
- Maine Driving Tour
- Nothing Says Summer Like Lobster in Maine
- August Is Wild Blueberry Month in Maine
- The Cliff House Resort & Spa Installs One of Maine’s Largest Solar Thermal Projects
- A Complete Maine Experience
- Blueberries for Keeping Winter Skin Beautiful
- This Girls Getaway Has Shopping, Spa and Ocean Views
- Coastal Maine Botanicals Do a Body Good
- $99 Spa Sampler: A Smart Way to Sample a Classic Maine Resort
Groups & Meetings
- Three ideas for a healthy corporate meeting (Maine salt air, anyone?)
- Maine Resort Offers Unique Team-Building Activities
- Ogunquit Resort Named “Best of the East” for Meetings and Conferences
- The Getaway That Takes Care of Business
Weddings, Family Reunions & Celebrations
- Tips for Planning a Destination Wedding in Maine
- 4 Easy Tips for Nature–Inspired Weddings
- Something Old, Something New… And Endless Ocean Blue
JUST THE FACTS
Oceanfront Resort Offers 4 Easy Tips for Nature-Inspired Weddings
Ogunquit, Maine — The Cliff House Resort & Spa is poised to help brides experience one of 2012’s top wedding trends: stunning nature-inspired décor. The historic oceanfront property has been helping brides plan romantic events for 140 years — using Maine’s picturesque rockbound coast as a backdrop.
Set high above the Atlantic Ocean on Bald Head Cliff, The Cliff House Resort & Spa offers unobstructed views of ocean and sky that set the stage for memorable weddings. Enhancing the natural beauty of the setting is a specialty of event staff and Charlene Banulis, director of sales and guest services offers these tips for brides who want to create an elegant nature-inspired wedding:
1. Marry Outdoors. Look for a venue that has easy access to necessary comforts, including ample seating, level ground, and close proximity to needed facilities from kitchen and drink service to powder rooms.
2. Be Green. Although white is the standard color for weddings, many brides want to incorporate green practices into their special day. Select a venue that is environmentally friendly. The Cliff House has been a certified Environmental Leader since 2009 and helps brides go green, from selecting locally sourced foods and florals to using beautiful energy-efficient lighting.
3. Reuse Accessories. Consider wearing an heirloom gown or using a vintage cake topper. These unique pieces enhance the day, especially if they belonged to loved ones and are a natural fit at a historic resort such as The Cliff House.
4. Go Local. Flowers – use native flowers that are in season. Food – feature fresh cuisine from local sources such as the Atlantic Seared Salmon or Maine Citrus Shrimp served at The Cliff House. Fun – relax with luxurious spa treatments featuring indigenous ingredients like blueberries, wild roses or the stones from nearby cliffs used at The Cliff House Spa.
To learn more about how The Cliff House Resort & Spa can help create a naturally inspired wedding or to view an online wedding video, visit www.cliffhousemaine.com/weddings.
Released February 2012