& STORY IDEAS
- Maine’s Cliff House Resort & Spa Basks in Solar Energy Gains
- The Maine Place to Visit this Season
- Maine Driving Tour
- Nothing Says Summer Like Lobster in Maine
- August Is Wild Blueberry Month in Maine
- The Cliff House Resort & Spa Installs One of Maine’s Largest Solar Thermal Projects
- A Complete Maine Experience
- Blueberries for Keeping Winter Skin Beautiful
- This Girls Getaway Has Shopping, Spa and Ocean Views
- Coastal Maine Botanicals Do a Body Good
- $99 Spa Sampler: A Smart Way to Sample a Classic Maine Resort
Groups & Meetings
- Three ideas for a healthy corporate meeting (Maine salt air, anyone?)
- Maine Resort Offers Unique Team-Building Activities
- Ogunquit Resort Named “Best of the East” for Meetings and Conferences
- The Getaway That Takes Care of Business
Weddings, Family Reunions & Celebrations
- Tips for Planning a Destination Wedding in Maine
- 4 Easy Tips for Nature–Inspired Weddings
- Something Old, Something New… And Endless Ocean Blue
JUST THE FACTS
140th Season Begins at
The Cliff House Resort & Spa
Ogunquit, Maine — The Cliff House Resort & Spa opened its 140th season with a cake-cutting celebration for hotel guests April 14.
Owner Kathryn Weare, great-granddaughter of founder Elsie Weare, hosted the reception, assisted by Director of Sales and Guest Services Charlene Banulis, and Resort staff.
The layered buttercream cake was decorated with an antique photo of the Resort circa 1900. Guests enjoyed it as a sweet snack or dessert following dinner in the Resort?s oceanfront dining room.
“We enjoy celebrating what’s special about The Cliff House,” says Weare. “We want to make our 140th season one to remember for all our guests.”
The Cliff House opened at its cliff-top location in 1872 and has a colorful history — from the Gilded Age to its current status as a celebrated resort and world-class spa. Visit our online historic timeline to read the highlights.