& STORY IDEAS
- Maine’s Cliff House Resort & Spa Basks in Solar Energy Gains
- The Maine Place to Visit this Season
- Maine Driving Tour
- Nothing Says Summer Like Lobster in Maine
- August Is Wild Blueberry Month in Maine
- The Cliff House Resort & Spa Installs One of Maine’s Largest Solar Thermal Projects
- A Complete Maine Experience
- Blueberries for Keeping Winter Skin Beautiful
- This Girls Getaway Has Shopping, Spa and Ocean Views
- Coastal Maine Botanicals Do a Body Good
- $99 Spa Sampler: A Smart Way to Sample a Classic Maine Resort
Groups & Meetings
- Three ideas for a healthy corporate meeting (Maine salt air, anyone?)
- Maine Resort Offers Unique Team-Building Activities
- Ogunquit Resort Named “Best of the East” for Meetings and Conferences
- The Getaway That Takes Care of Business
Weddings, Family Reunions & Celebrations
- Tips for Planning a Destination Wedding in Maine
- 4 Easy Tips for Nature–Inspired Weddings
- Something Old, Something New… And Endless Ocean Blue
JUST THE FACTS
Something Old, Something New… And Endless Ocean Blue
Ogunquit, Maine — The Cliff House Resort & Spa has everything the most discerning bride needs for a memorable destination wedding. Spectacular and secluded with a wealth of amenities, The Cliff House on Maine’s southern coast offers a dramatic ocean-side setting and classic resort experience with all the romance of a distant venue.
Poised on a stunning 70 acres atop Bald Head Cliff, The Cliff House is a unique romantic getaway. The Resort’s proximity to Boston (70 miles south) and Portland (40 miles north) makes it perfect for destination weddings. Wedding perfect amenities include: private guest rooms balconies with views of the Atlantic where couples enjoy intimate cocktails and appetizers in a romantic setting to a world-class spa where guests enjoy exclusive body treatments featuring native Maine ingredients like blueberries, wild rose and juniper, as well as pampering manicures, pedicures and facials.
Distinctive cuisine celebrates Maine specialties with a range of inspired menus for the bride to select. Décor is gracious and features the spectacular ocean-view backdrop. Spacious banquet rooms are designed and staffed to accommodate receptions as large as 225.
By day guests enjoy the resort’s many on-site activities… tour nearby villages like scenic Ogunquit or Kennebunkport… take in the area’s celebrated shopping — or enjoy a boat trip from a quaint harbor. By night, guests relax to the sound of the ocean waves and the scent of Maine’s intoxicating salt air.
The Cliff House has been the site of romantic getaways for 140 years when city visitors discovered the restorative qualities of Maine’s coast. Then it was a major trip, often in private rail cars, with piles of steamer trunks, servants and pets in tow. Today, The Cliff House is easy to get to and has everything a bride needs when she arrives. That makes it the perfect destination for weddings.
Updated January 2012