Nestled across 70 acres atop Bald Head Cliff on the southern coast of Maine, Cliff House offers unrivaled year-round experiences that are accessible, exceptional and spectacular. Following the phase one completion of a landmark transformation, Cliff House reemerges as one of the most captivating coastal luxury destinations of its kind with 132 guest rooms. Phase two of the extensive renovation will be completed in fall 2017, resulting in a total count of 226 accommodations including 186 guest rooms and 40 luxury suites, as well as a standalone New England Cottage on property.
The stylish New England resort boasts breathtaking views, inspired oceanfront dining, a 9,000 square-foot oceanfront luxury spa with a sanctuary relaxation lounge, an adjacent 18-hole semi-private golf course, year-round recreation, 25,000 square feet of premier conference and event space, and so much more to provide guests with an authentic, memorable Maine getaway.
Maine hoteliers Marc Dugas and Peter Anastos partnered with leading investment platform, Rockbridge, and hotel development company, RBHD, to revitalize Cliff House and carry on its legacy of warmly welcoming both travelers and the local community. The resort captivates a modern take on authentic Maine traditions and brings to life a highly anticipated ground‐breaking coastal vision.
Guest Rooms & Luxury Suites
Cliff House Maine offers a total of 226 accommodation, including 186 guest rooms and 40 new suites with stylish, coastal-inspired furnishings and luxury linens, each with private terraces overlooking the scenic Bald Head Cliff.
- Guest Rooms: Enjoy spacious accommodations with coastal chic maritime décor, luxurious beds featuring Maine Cuddledown comforters, and private terraces overlooking the coast or facing the ocean. All rooms feature Red Flower bath amenities, LCD flat screen televisions, and plush one-of-a-kind bathrobes. Coastal view rooms overlook the southern coast of Cape Neddick. While Oceanfront rooms offer the perspective of a cruise ship experience, elevated above the cliffs. Ocean Terrace rooms feature a very comfortable sleeper sofa bed, and Premium rooms include a fireplace as well.
- Luxurious Suites: Cliff House features 40 new suites offering the most luxurious experience at a coastal resort in Maine. Choose from a One Bedroom Oceanfront Corner Suite, a Grand Two Bedroom Oceanfront Suite featuring expansive living space, or settle the family into a Two Bedroom Corner Bunk Suite featuring a full bedroom, living area, and separate room with bunk beds. The Captain Perkins Suite and the Elsie Weare Suite are situated high atop the new Clifftop building featuring master bedrooms and baths with deep soaking tubs, kitchens, dining area and expansive living areas with multiple terraces right on top of the cliffs and the Atlantic.
Newly designed guestrooms and suites all offer in-room amenities, contemporary touches and expansive views of the Maine coastline.
- Coastal chic furnishing
- Wood floors (Premium and Oceanfront Collection only)
- Crisp white linens and Cuddledown comforters from Maine
- Premium in-room amenities exclusively from organic luxury beauty brand Red Flower
- Flat screen televisions
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Fireplace (Premium Collection guestrooms)
- Private glass terraces with plenty of sitting room
- Air conditioning
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Daily housekeeping with uniquely-designed plush bathrobes, available upon request
Eating & Dinning
The resort offers inventive, coastal Maine-inspired dining and catering, including Cliff House’s signature “farmer to fisherman” restaurant, a bar specializing in regional beers and craft cocktails, a quintessential lobster shack and a Bald Head Coffee Co. with local coffee roaster, Bard Coffee. Cliff House combines the region’s distinctive culture and tradition by partnering with local fisherman, farmers, distillers and ranchers, bringing culinary innovation and sustainable practices for authentic and nuanced dining experiences.
- THE TILLER RESTAURANT: Cliff House’s signature restaurant, The Tiller, is suspended above the Atlantic for panoramic ocean views with spectacular sunrises. Guests will find a seasonal menu featuring varying flavors for breakfast, lunch or dinner through farm-fresh local produce, line-caught fish, roasts and homemade recipes passed down from generations. Respectful preparations showcase native ingredients at their peak and pair perfectly with the property’s international wine program and handcrafted cocktail menu.
For a more intimate dining experience, The Tiller’s Longview Room is an elegant and exclusive space for private dinners of 10 guests maximum. Set above the breathtaking cliffs, the room is complemented by remarkable sightlines of the southern coast of Maine that is a picturesque backdrop for special celebrations or corporate events.
- TIDEMARK TERRACE: Situated just beyond the double-sided fireplace by The Tiller Restaurant, the Tidemark Terrace serves as an auxiliary space to The Tiller Bar.
- NUBB’S LOBSTER SHACK: A quintessential oceanfront dining experience, this convenient restaurant invites patrons to enjoy classic New England cuisine with majestic coastal views. Nubb’s Lobster Shack provides guests with beloved Maine lobster rolls, fried clams, raw bar, and juicy burgers with pickled garden tomatoes while playing games and engaging in lively conversation. A selection of local craft beers from regional brewers offers a wide spectrum of session IPAs to rich seasonal porters, while cocktails are handcrafted with garden-picked ingredients. Open year-round with both indoor and outdoor seating, weather permitting.
- BALD HEAD COFFEE CO.: The perfect meeting point between the property's stunning new suites, and centrally located Tidemark Terrace.It brings signature blends and single brew services to Cliff House's beautiful oceanfront. The coffee shop offers guests an authentic, local feel through its delicious, unique blends and signature breakfast bites.
Inspired by the traditions and natural treasures of the sea and stretching over 9,000 square feet, The Spa at Cliff House pairs time-honored techniques with lavish local products in an array of treatments and salon services for unparalleled renewal. The spa embraces the “wild & free” elements of coastal Maine, channeling the transformative interplay of water, stone, sky and sand featuring exceptional products from Naturopathica, Jurlique, Red Flower, Dr. Dennis Gross and Organic Male.
- SPA:Features 8 treatment rooms, which includes an intimate couples’ suite and more specialized rooms catering to all needs
- SALON: Offerings include four manicure and pedicure chairs for guest use
- SEASIDE SANCTUARY: Serving as a transition zone within the treatment area corridor, guests relax among ten oversized lounge and club chairs overlooking sweeping views of the cliff and cove.
- COUPLES’ SIGNATURE SUITE: Boasts two treatment tables, drench experience shower for two guests and a built-in lounge nook with fireplace
- FITNESS CENTER: Guests will have access to the latest in cardio technology and strength machines with a stretch area studio for class formats including yoga and private training. Guests will also receive complementary use of headphones, workout accessories, water, and towels
Innovative year-round recreation and activities include golf, hiking, cross country skiing, helicopter tours of the lighthouses and coastlines and more.
Cliff House boasts outdoor fire pits, great for roasting s’mores, a gathering place and a social hub all on property. The lavish outdoor pool makes for a refreshing summer dip while the indoor pool and a one of a kind Cliffside hot tub create the perfect spots for all season activities and fun. biking, sea kayaking, fishing, paddle boarding, ice skating, snowshoeing,
The Cape Neddick Country Club is an 18-hole semi-private golf course adjacent to Cliff House. Preferred tee times are available to resort guests through the Cliff House concierge. A newly renovated outdoor driving range and putting greens are open for practice, and private or group lessons are offered for all ability levels. The Concierge can also arrange for additional links in the area.
Cliff House’s ideal location has many of Maine’s top attractions nearby, such as:
- Perkins Cove
- Ogunquit Playhouse
- Ogunquit Museum-American Art
- Seashore Trolley Museum
- Wells Auto Museum
- Marginal Way Preservation (the local cliff walk)
- Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge
- Ogunquit Beach, York Beach, and Short Sands
- Nubble Lighthouse
- Stonewall Kitchen Cooking School
Boasting over 25,000 square feet of new and flexible function space, Cliff House caters to meetings or presentations for up to 300 attendees.
Groups can choose from a selection of 9 meeting spaces, many of which offer ocean views, and include complimentary Wi-Fi and expert audiovisual services. Larger groups can utilize the expansive Atlantic ballroom.
Intuitive planning services ensure every detail of each social gathering or corporate function is organized for productive and stress-free events, and menus are carefully prepared with locally sourced ingredients. Nourishing selections may include cold-pressed juices, freshly cut “raw” pastas, pan-seared haddock lobster beurre blanc and other Maine staples.
Offering panoramic ocean views, exceptional culinary selections, thoughtful service and more, Cliff House is an unrivaled setting for New England weddings. Inspiring indoor and outdoor venues—each of which feature remarkable sightlines of the southern coast of Maine—present a picturesque backdrop for intimate private dinners and extravagant receptions alike, for up to 225 guests for weddings and 250 guests for other events.
An ethereal oceanfront ceremony sets a precedent for events that evoke both nostalgia and wonder for all that lies ahead. In the new Atlantic Ballroom, expansive panoramic windows reveal unobstructed views of the Atlantic, while enchanting fireplaces and fire pits bring warmth and gathering in our more intimate spaces.
Expert catering and wedding specialists ensure flawless events that are at once emblematic of coastal Maine and distinctive of the celebrants’ singular vision, bridging tradition and imagination. Menus may include options like barrel aged cocktails and craft beers, truffle essence risotto with foraged local mushrooms, signature lobster rolls with homemade butter and seared Atlantic halibut.
Founded in 1872 by Elsie Jane, wife of Captain Theodore Weare, Cliff House Maine has thrived for centuries making it an integral part of Maine’s rich history. Cliff House has gone through many reinventions, the first in 1948 opening as an extravagant resort after necessary refurbishments caused by the military takeover. The second transformation took place in 2000, opening in time for the peak Maine summer vacation season as a vastly expanded resort including grand features and amenities. This included a brand-new lobby, a conference room, retail space, fitness center and spa along with a substantial number of guest rooms. Decades later in 2016, the iconic Cliff House resort once again reopens its doors to welcome guests to the beautiful beckoning seas year-round.
Cliff House’s landmark transformation offers a true Maine experience including a singular blend of captivating horizons, casual elegance, inspired cuisine and thoughtful service, making Cliff House New England’s most sought after, coastal resort. Generation after generation, as guests step out onto their private terraces, an energizing breeze sweeps up from the surf below, past the wild rose bushes, to extend a timeless welcome. Those who return each year enthusiastically report that this is when their spirits soar.
Situated on the beautiful rocky coast of Southern Maine between Ogunquit and York, Cliff House is conveniently located just an hour north of Boston and 40 minutes south from Portland and is easily accessible from Boston, Portland, Manchester, and Portsmouth airports.
Address: Cliff House Maine | 591 Shore Rd, Cape Neddick, ME 03902
$249 (Spring 2018)
$489 (Summer 2018)
General Manager: Nancy White
Architect: Cooper Carry / Nate Williamson
Spa Creative Concept: Blu Spas Inc
Lou Hammond Group
About Cliff House Maine
Nestled across 70 oceanfront acres atop Bald Head Cliff on the southern coast of Maine, Cliff House Maine offers guests unrivaled experiences that are accessible, exceptional and spectacular. Acquired by Rockbridge along with Maine Hoteliers Marc Dugas and Peter Anastos, the property reopened in September 2016 following a landmark revitalization and completed its second and final phase in October 2017. Cliff House reemerges from this transformation as one of the most captivating coastal destinations of its kind with 226 stylish accommodations, including 186 guest rooms and 40 luxury suites, in addition to a classically restored New England Cottage with a front porch overlooking the ocean. Under the direction of Executive Chef Rick Shell, the distinct restaurant and bar concepts - The Tiller, Tidemark Terrace and Nubb's Lobster Shack - combine the region's culture and tradition with culinary innovation. The property boasts a 9,000-sq. ft. luxury spa, 25,000-sq. ft. of meeting and event space, an adjacent 18‐hole semi‐private golf course and so much more to provide guests an authentic and memorable Maine getaway. Visit www.cliffhousemaine.com to learn more or follow us on Facebook: @CliffHouseMaine, Instagram @CliffHouseMaine and Twitter @CliffHouseMaine.