Preserving our Planet
In order to preserve the world in which we operate and serve our guests, Cliff House is dedicated to the practices and programs of eco-friendly hotels that lessen our footprint on the changing environment.
- Single stream recycling
- All used print cartridges are recycled
- Maine Stations to reduce plastic and in room waste
- Dual Flush Toilets in all guest rooms for water conservation
- The majority of all fish and shellfish are sourced from the Gulf of Maine, from vendors and boat captains that are reputable and used sustainable practices. All items are on the non-endangered and non-over-fished lists.
- Low Flow aerators in all guest rooms
- Energy efficient CFL lighting in all guest rooms and in the hotel’s public spaces
- Use of email instead of paper for communication and documentation
- Hybrid vehicle and Tesla Charging Stations
- Though they can be provided upon request, we are a straw-less resort
- All paper and plastic cups are ecofriendly and recycled
- Disposable dinner ware is compostable
- All plastic and glass used on property is recycled
- All to-go containers are ecofriendly, made of a plant based combination of pulp products
- We source from the local community when we can. This is for produce, meats, seafood, use of our own garden, local distillers and brewers, craft soft drinks, and grains to name a few.
Cliff House Maine practices sustainable and eco-friendly behaviors throughout our entire resort. One impactful focus is composting. We use Mr.Fox composting for all of our kitchen organics, and we use this compost in our own Tiller’s Row gardens!
One Tree Planted Partnership
Cliff House Maine has partnered with One Tree Planted, a non-profit organization focused on global reforestation. We are happy to be able to gift VIP guests ‘Grow a Tree’ kits from One Tree Planted. In addition to the guest planting a tree from this kit, OTP will plant a tree for every kit purchased, making that two trees per guest! While the kits reach a number of guests, every guest who stays at Cliff House will find a package of Maine wildflower seeds in their room upon arrival. Wildflowers are key to our ecosystem as they provide critical habitats for pollinators, and improve soil health.
Tiller’s Row at Cliff House are our on-property gardens. We grow whatever we can of our produce here in Tiller’s Row garden and use the fresh produce throughout the different kitchens at the resort.
Electric Car Charging
Tesla's Destination Charging program provides convenient charging at premium destinations around the world exclusively for Tesla owners. Their charging technology can add up to 58 miles of range per hour of charge for visiting Tesla owners. We are proud to be a charging partner of Tesla's and contribute to the pursuit of sustainable transportation.
Cliff House Maine, a luxury resort in Maine, is pleased to collaborate with Tesla to provide the following to Tesla owners:
- Complimentary valet charging and parking
- Complimentary Wi-Fi